By car, motorcycle or RV
Highway 20 runs parallel to Route 132 along the St. Lawrence through the Bas-Saint-Laurent region to Cacouna. A vast network of secondary roads will take you to enchanting sites in the interior of Bas-Saint-Laurent:
- Route 289 goes from Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska to Pohénégamook and New Brunswick.
- Route 185 links Rivière-du-Loup to New Brunswick via the Témiscouata area.
All these roads offer panoramic views, and most go through communities where you will find all the services you require, regardless of the type of vehicle you are driving.
In Bas-Saint-Laurent, three ferries link the two shores of the St. Lawrence:
- Rivière-du-Loup–Saint-Siméon ferry
- Trois-Pistoles–Les Escoumins ferry (Compagnie de navigation des Basques)
- Rimouski–Forestville ferry (CNM Évolution)
Ferry schedules vary seasonally. Some ferry companies accept reservations. For more information, visit their websites.
VIA Rail provides train service to Bas-Saint-Laurent with stops in La Pocatière, Rivière-du-Loup, Trois-Pistoles and Rimouski.
Orléans Express provides bus service all along Route 132 to towns throughout Bas-Saint-Laurent.
Renting a car
Various car rental companies have branches in the main towns of Bas-Saint-Laurent: