It all started with a dream: to make the best alcoholic beverages with maple sap on the family land, with a contemporary twist. So, starting in 1992, Vallier Robert developed unique expertise! He now ferments maple sap into white wine, sparkling wine and aperitifs aged in barrels, all of which are exceptional gourmet products.
In addition, the site itself is worth the detour: deep in the forest, it exudes a magical beauty in all seasons with the weathered wooden buildings adding to its charm. Owners Vallier Robert and Nathalie Decaigny invite you to visit!
During the guided tour or the cellar/cocktail package, both of which will take you from the cellars to the sugar shack, discover the story of Domaine Acer and the art of fermentation as well as the processes involved in turning maple sap into syrup or alcoholic beverages. Our wines, gourmet products and organic maple syrups are available to taste in the gift shop.
Would you like to sip a glass of wine or a cocktail? Head for the terrace, choose your beverage and enjoy the moment. You can also enjoy a picnic on the grounds and explore the trail through the sugar bush.
ScheduleLate March to late April and June 24 to September 5: open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open the rest of the year Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also open on Thanksgiving weekend (October 8 to 10). Closed for three weeks after Christmas. Guided tours available from late March to mid October.
Cost$18/person for cellar/cocktail package; $10/person for guided tour; $7/person for tasting session
ReservationsRequired for groups and recommended for all in high season
- Picnic area
- Pets allowed on leashes only
- Free parking
- Other: marked trail
- Guide services
How to get there
From Québec City: Take Highway 20, then routes 85 and 295 to the village of Auclair.
From Rimouski: Take routes 232 and 295 to the village of Auclair.
From New Brunswick: Take routes 85 and 295 to the village of Auclair.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Certified organic by Ecocert Canada
- Economuseum Network
- Saveurs du Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- National Wine Awards of Canada
- Charles-Aimé Robert: Bronze Medal (2022), Gold Medal (2021), Platinum Medal (2019) and Gold Medal (2018)
- Mousse des Bois: Bronze Medal (2021)
- Prémices d'Avril: Gold Medal (2021), Bronze Medal (2018)
- Val Ambré: Bronze Medal (2022 and 2021), Gold Medal (2018)
- Finger Lakes International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Charles-Aimé Robert: Bronze Medal (2022), Silver Medal (2021, 2020 and 2019)
- Mousse des Bois: Silver Medal (2022), Bronze Medal (2018)
- Prémices d'Avril: Bronze Medal (2021, 2020 and 2019)
- Val Ambré: Bronze Medal (2022), Silver Medal (2021), Double Gold Medal (2020 and 2019)
- All Canadian Wine Championships
- Charles-Aimé Robert: Silver Medal (2022), Double Gold Medal (2019)
- Mousse des bois: Bronze Medal (2016)
- Prémices d'Avril: Silver Medal (2018)
- Val Ambré: Gold Medal (2022), Bronze Medal (2019)
- Medal of the National Assembly of Québec (2022)
- Témiscouata Business Gala (2019)
- Business of the Year
- Tourism Business of the Year
- Québec Order of Agricultural Merit (2019)
- Gold medal: 1st place at the regional level and 3rd place at the national level
- Special Mention – Agrotourism: regional and national winner
- Artisan at Work prize awarded by the Economuseum Network (2019)
- Innovation in the food industry
- Reconnaissance Claude Béchard prize awarded to Vallier Robert and Nathalie Decaigny (2018)