Step back in time as you walk through the door into this old Robin, Jones and Whitman general store full of oak shelves stocked with authentic old-time merchandise. This Jersey company made its mark on the fishing history of Gaspésie from 1766 onwards.
A visit to this store will plunge you back in time. Local people in period costume will entertain you with humorous anecdotes about the history of our great pioneers.
This store is mentioned in world-renowned tourist guides such as Le Guide du routard, Lonely Planet, Petit futé and Ulysse.
June 16 to September 28
ScheduleDaily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CostVaries depending on age and number of people
ReservationsRequired for groups
- Pets allowed on leashes only
- Free parking
How to get there
The store is on Route 132, 10 km (6 mi.) west of Percé Rock. Parking is adjacent to Route 132.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Regional winner of a Québec Tourism Award (2004)
- Awarded a Certificate of Honour from the Québec Council of Monuments and Sites (CMSQ) (2004)
- Winner of a heritage prize (2004)
- Winner of Mérite du Français prizes (2002, 2003)
- Winner of an Excellart Award in the "Art and Culture" category (2002)