Why ski with us?
Treat yourself to a personalized backcountry ski trip in the Chic-Choc Mountains! We will plan together a trip adapted to your rhythm, ski level, physical condition and expectations. Whether you are completely new to backcountry skiing or very experienced, our qualified and passionate guides will offer you an experience that will meet your expectations.
- Ability to ski on intermediate to expert slopes
- All fitness levels
- No backcountry experience required
We are the only company authorized to operate in the Mines Madeleine area, which means you can enjoy extraordinary days in a ski area at the heart of the Chic-Chocs. This sector is located 12 km (7 mi.) from the nearest access road (Route 299) and requires an ascent of 650 metres (2135 feet). Since this approach would require a full day of skiing, Ski Chic-Chocs will take you up the mountain on a snowmobile in about 30 minutes. In addition, the altitude of the various summits in the Mines Madeleine area reaches 1180 metres (3870 feet)! They are thus beyond the treeline, in an alpine environment. You will then ski in an environment where the vegetation gives way to vast snowfields. The different types of terrain offer a good challenge to all types of skiers.
We ski in the following areas: Parc national de la Gaspésie, the Réserve faunique des Chic-Chocs and along the Haute-Gaspésie coast. We will select an area based on snow conditions, avalanche risk and weather conditions.
- Guided backcountry skiing
- Specialized training in the mountains
- Specialized shop
- Affiliated with the Parc national de la Gaspésie Mountain School
Mid-December to mid-May
Cost6 people: $169/person; 5 people: $179/person; 4 people: $199/person; 3 people: $229/person; 2 people: $249/person; 1 person: $498 (taxes not included)
- Other: Ski and snowshoe equipment rentals
How to get there
From Québec City: 510 km / 315 mi. (6 h)
From Montréal: 750 km / 465 mi. (9 h)
From Mont-Joli: 150 km / 95 km (2 h)
From Matane: 70 km / 45 mi. (45 min)
Affiliations and distinctions
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Aventure Écotourisme Québec
- Sépaq partner
- Has received the AEQ Seal, which certifies that the company adhere to high quality and safety standards established by adventure tourism and ecotourism professionals in Québec