Soak up the beauty of the St. Lawrence, where the river meets the sea!
Taking the Matane–Baie-Comeau/Godbout ferry is a unique way to broaden your vacation horizons, bridging the gap between the Gaspésie and Côte-Nord regions of Québec. Hop aboard our new ferry, the MV F.-A.-Gauthier, to explore the majestic St. Lawrence and spectacular sunsets in the utmost comfort.
Passengers can enjoy onboard amenities including a bistro, cafeteria, gift shop and panoramic lounges with large bay windows, as well as 8 outdoor lounge decks to take in impressive views of the St. Lawrence Estuary.
Take advantage of our same-day round-trip fare and join us for a mini-cruise.
- Ferry crossings are between Matane and Baie-Comeau and between Matane and Godbout.
- Reservations may be made online, by telephone or in person, within 90 days of departure and no later than 3 hours prior to departure. To ensure there is space on board, vehicle drivers and groups of 15 or more passengers are strongly advised to reserve their crossing.
ScheduleDaily, 4 to 6 ferry crossings depending on the season. Average crossing time is 2h15. Refer to website for further information.
CostVaries depending on age and type of vehicle. Free access to electric vehicles. Group rates available. Refer to website for further information.
- American Express
ReservationsStrongly recommended for vehicle drivers and groups of 15 or more passengers
- Childrens playground
- Pets allowed
- Access to outdoor deck
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Indoor lounge
- Observation lounge
- Public telephone
- Other: Animal cages provided on board
How to get there
From the south shore: Matane is 400 km (250 mi.) east of Québec City via Highway 20 and Route 132.
From the north shore: Baie-Comeau is 425 km (260 mi.) east of Québec City via Route 138; Godbout is 480 km (300 mi.) east of Québec City via Route 138.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Société des traversiers du Québec
- Tourisme Côte-Nord
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Info Transport (Québec 511)
- Regional Network of Event Organizers (ROSEQ)