Soak up the beauty of the St. Lawrence, where the river meets the sea!
The Matane–Baie-Comeau/Godbout ferry offers a unique way to broaden your vacation horizons while bridging the gap between Gaspésie and Côte-Nord. Hop aboard our new ferry, the MV F.-A.-Gauthier to explore the majestic St. Lawrence and enjoy spectacular sunsets in the utmost comfort.
Passengers can enjoy onboard amenities including a bistro, cafeteria, gift shop and several panoramic lounges with sweeping bay windows, as well as eight outdoor decks that offer spectacular views of the St. Lawrence Estuary.
Take advantage of our same-day round-trip excursion fare and enjoy a mini cruise at a reduced rate
- Ferry crossings are between Matane and Baie-Comeau and between Matane and Godbout.
- Reservations can be made online, by telephone or in person up to 90 days in advance and no later than 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure. To ensure there is space on board, vehicle drivers and groups of 15 or more passengers are strongly advised to reserve their crossing.
Schedule2 to 4 daily crossings depending on the seasons. Average crossing time is 2h15. Visit the website for more information.
CostVaries depending on age and type of vehicle. Free for electric vehicles. Group rates available. Visit the website for more information.
- American Express
ReservationsStrongly recommended for vehicle drivers and groups of 15 or more passengers
- Childrens playground
- Pets allowed
- Access to outdoor deck
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Indoor lounge
- Observation lounge
- Public telephone
- Other: Accessible outdoor decks, panoramic lounges, TVs, escalator, animal cages available
How to get there
From the south shore: Matane is 400 km (250 mi.) east of Québec City via Highway 20 and Route 132.
From the north shore: Baie-Comeau is 425 km (260 mi.) east of Québec City via Route 138; Godbout is 480 km (300 mi.) east of Québec City via Route 138.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Société des traversiers du Québec
- Côte-Nord Tourism
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Tourisme Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Info Transport (Québec 511)
- Regional Network of Event Organizers (ROSEQ)