Learn about the international cod trade by visiting our 11 period buildings. This is also an opportunity to meet authentic Paspéyas, as the locals are called, and savour traditional dishes while soaking up the sun and sea air.
The Paspébiac National Historic Site is the birthplace of the Robin and Le Boutillier Brothers companies. In the 19th century, Paspébiac was one of the largest export ports for dried cod in the world!
You are sure to be impressed by the Le Boutillier warehouse, one of the largest fishing buildings ever built in North America. This five-storey wooden structure is the crown jewel of this unique historic site, which has been recognized by the Québec and Canadian governments.
Since 1766, Paspébiac has been at the heart of the history of commercial fisheries in Gaspésie, a tradition that is still alive in this area.
A shop, restaurant, boardwalk, beach, picnic tables and children’s play area complete an already memorable visit.
Early June to early October; upon reservation for groups until mid-October
ScheduleDaily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost$15/adult, $13/senior, $11/student, $28/family (2 adults and 2 children), $23/family (1 adult and 2 children), free for children under 7, special rate for groups (12+ people)
ReservationsRequired for groups only; please contact the outreach coordinator: email@example.com
- Travelers Cheque
- Childrens playground
- Picnic area
- Pets allowed on leashes only
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Conference/meeting room
- Free parking
- Guide services
How to get there
From Route 132, in the heart of the village of Paspébiac, take 3e Rue (towards the wharf).
Affiliations and distinctions
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Gaspésie Gourmande
- New World: 5 Museums of Gaspésie
- Gaspésie Culture Council
- Route de la Morue (Cod Route)
- Québec Anglophone Heritage Network
- Winner of the Tourist Attraction of the Year award at the Chamber of Commerce Gala (2012)
- Recognized as a nationally important historic site of Canada since 2001
- Recognized as a historic site by Québec's Ministry of Culture and Communications since 1981
- Certified Quality Tourisme Gaspésie