Explore the mysteries of marine life via our tanks and aquariums, which are home to a living collection of fish and marine organisms. Dip your fingers into touch tanks to touch rock crab, starfish, sea urchins and sea cucumbers.
- Sharks: 100 Million Deaths
Hollywood movies and the media have transformed sharks into icons of our collective imagination, inspiring both awe and fear each time we venture into the sea. However, is this fear based on facts? Take a new, clear-eyed look at the sharks of the St. Lawrence with this exhibit and discover amazing facts about these little-known and vulnerable creatures.
- Mysteries Beneath the Waves
Although the St. Lawrence is an ever-present feature of Québec’s geography, it nevertheless conceals thousands of secrets. Through the work of scientists, you can learn about the oceanographic properties of the seaway, debunk the mysteries of marine biotechnology, and better understand fishing, aquaculture and the the key issues facing the St. Lawrence. As you visit this exhibit, you will discover a surprising and unusual world of wonders.
Board the JV Exploramer for a sea excursion. Discover the ecosystem of the St. Lawrence, watch the fishing traps being hauled in, collect scientific samples and observe amazing marine mammals.
Put on a pair of waders and follow your guide. Participate in a experience that will allow you to explore the coastline and discover the species caught in a fishing net.
Note that the fish harvesting activity is offered at low tide (see the schedule).
Dare to Taste activity
This guided tasting activity will give you the opportunity to discover responsible options available from the St. Lawrence and taste five marine species promoted by the Smarter Seafood program.
Smarter Seafood program
Exploramer launched the Smarter Seafood certification program to encourage restaurants and fish markets to introduce consumer to little-known seafood species in an effort to preserve species at risk.
The Masked Porpoise Squad is a science day camp offered to children aged 6 to 11 on Fridays throughout the summer, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Reservations required.
Set anchor and enjoy our Smarter Seafood fare, made of seafood caught in a sustainable manner.
Exploramer also has a gift shop you can browse for souvenirs and local handicrafts. Bring home a piece of the sea in your luggage.
June 2 to October 7, 2018
ScheduleDaily, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CostPlease visit our website.
ReservationsRecommended for sea excursions and the fish harvesting activity; required for the day camp
- Childrens playground
- Picnic area
- No pets allowed
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Conference/meeting room
- Free parking
- Other: Laundromat and showers
How to get there
Exploramer is located on the Sainte-Anne-des-Monts wharf, across from the church:
- From Route 132, head north on Route du Parc at the lights (junction of the 132 and 299). You will see the steeple; we are across from the church.
- From Route 299, continue heading north until you reach the St. Lawrence.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Canadian Museums Association
- Québec Museums Association (SMQ)
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Must-See Attractions Gaspésie
- Route de la Morue (Cod Route)
- Smarter Seafood
- Selected for the Signature Experiences Collection® by the Canadian Tourism Commission (since 2012)
- Winner of a Phénix award for the environment in the “Responsible Consumption” category from the Ministry of the Environment (2010)
- Awarded a “citizen company” award in the cooperative sector by L’actualité magazine (2010)
- Winner of a Québec Tourism Award in the “Sustainable Development” category (2008)