Projet Éole is a must-see for anyone travelling to the Gaspé Peninsula. Visit this site and discover Éole, the world’s highest vertical-axis wind turbine! The site’s new management team has made many improvements over the last few years and will continue to develop this project in the future in order to offer visitors an exceptional retro-industrial immersion into the world of wind power.
Discover the experimental power plant built in the 1980s and shut down since 1993 as well as the world’s highest vertical-axis wind turbine, which was also the largest at the time it was built. Enter the generator and admire its unique design.
What you will find on site:
- Interpretive panels providing information about the history of Éole and wind development as well as current facts about the wind power industry
- A guide who will be happy to answer all your questions
- A panoramic terrace with a 360-degree view that allows you to admire the picturesque landscape of the Le Nordais wind farm (the first wind farm in Québec) and the surrounding area (Cap-Chat, the sea and the Chic-Choc Mountains) as well to see the tower up close
- Parts of the wind turbines that can be observed up close
- Flower paths as well as a permaculture garden at the foot of Éole
- A wind power-themed gift shop, which sells local crafts as well as products unique to this site
- Several picnic areas, as well as snacks and drinks for sale
- Wi-Fi and restrooms available for visitors
June 15 to September 15
ScheduleDaily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost$15/adult, $12/student or senior (65+), $8/child (6-15), free for children under 6
- American Express
- Childrens playground
- Picnic area
- Pets allowed on leashes only
- Free parking
How to get there
Take Route 132: Projet Éole is 5 km (3 mi.) west of Cap-Chat.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Vacances Haute-Gaspésie