Located on the shores of a bay protected by the seven islands that gave it its name, the municipality of Sept-Îles boasts a splendid archipelago in the heart of a region recognized as one of the five best places in the world to observe and follow whales. A sea excursion in this archipelago offers you front-row seats to a unique nature show, with the blue sea and sky as backdrop, the cries of the seabirds as musical accompaniment, and magnificent sunsets to add to the magic of the experience.
Each of the archipelago’s islands has distinctive features. Corossol Island is a bird sanctuary and a perfect place for whale watching. Blue mussels are cultivated near Grosse Boule Island. Grande Basque Island is the only island with hiking trails and campsites; you can also participate in interpretive activities with naturalist guides that focus on the marine environment. You can also explore the archipelago by Zodiac or sea kayak. Finally, this is an exceptional site for scuba diving. Explore three nearby wrecks: Le Corossol, the Jean-Marc Soucy and the St. Olaf.
Discover the flora, fauna and mysteries of the archipelago during an unforgettable adventure!
June to mid-September (may vary depending on the excursion company)
ScheduleVaries depending on the activity
CostVaries depending on the activity
ReservationsRecommended for all activities
- Travelers Cheque
- Picnic area
- No pets allowed
How to get there
Private boat companies offer cruises in the archipelago as well as shuttle services to Grande Basque Island departing from the Sept-Îles marina.
To discover the archipelago, reserve your cruise with one of the following companies:
- Croisières du Capitaine: 418-968-2173
- Croisières Sept-Îles: 819-440-8015
- G.W.D. Excursions: 418-409-4377
- Purmer: 418-960-4915
Affiliations and distinctions
- Tourisme Côte-Nord
- Aventure Écotourisme Québec
- Grande Basque Island has received the AEQ Seal, which certifies that the company adhere to high quality and safety standards established by adventure tourism and ecotourism professionals in Québec. In addition, the outdoor activity on offer meets all environmental, ecotourism and safety standards.