PETITE-VALLÉE SONG FESTIVAL
The Village en chanson de Petite-Vallée is a non-profit organization that runs the Petite-Vallée Song Festival along with a song camp and the Théâtre de la Vieille Forge.
The Petite-Vallée Song Festival is first and foremost a week of training for 12 up-and-coming artists with professional artists who are also skilled teachers. Over the last few years, the organizers of the Petite-Vallée Song Festival have made every effort to foster the exchange of ideas among emerging singers and songwriters. During the festival, music lovers are invited to afternoon and evening shows featuring both renowned and up-and-coming performers.
The festival will celebrate its 39th anniversary from June 30 to July 10, 2021. Several packages and passports will be available once the full schedule of events is announced.
View the complete schedule of events (in French only).
In addition, the Théâtre de la Vieille Forge de Petite-Vallée also presents a varied summer program of concerts and plays in an enchanting setting.
Date(s)June 30 to July 9, 2022
CostVaries depending on event
ReservationsRecommended in high season
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Free parking
How to get there
Take Route 132 to Petite-Vallée and then Rue Longue Pointe, which heads towards the sea.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Regional Network of Event Organizers (ROSEQ)
- Association of Independent Regional Arts Festivals in Québec (REFRAIN)
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Independent Network of United Performing Arts Presenters (RIDEAU)
- Association of Québec Camps (ACQ)
- Fédé Chanson
- Winner of a Félix Award for “Best Event of the Year” at the ADISQ Gala (2019)
- Recipient of the Order of Arts and Letters of Québec, awarded to Alan Côté, Director General and Artistic Director of the festival (2018)
- Winner of a Tourisme Gaspésie prize for “Tourism Personality of the Year,” awarded to Alan Côté (2015)
- Winner of a Gaspésie Tourism Award in the “Events with an Operating Budget of $300,000 to $1 million” category (2013)
- National gold winner of a Québec Tourism Award in the “Festivals and Events” category (2008)
- Winner of a RIDEAU Partnership Prize for the project “15 Years of the Petite École de la Chanson” (2007)
- Winner of a Félix Award for “Cultural Event of the Year” (2003)
- Named Arts Presenter of the Year by ROSEQ (2003)