“Gaspésie’s top fall event!” – Le Soleil newspaper [free translation]
For those who wish to feel the pulse of Québécois, Gaspesian and Acadian cultures, Festival La Virée Trad in Carleton-sur-Mer is the place to be! Enjoy this fun fall festival, between sea and mountains!
Festival La Virée Trad in Carleton-sur-Mer is a family-friendly event that offers about 30 activities showcasing traditional arts, including indoor and outdoor concerts, an evening of traditional dancing, storytelling events, the largest public market in the region, workshops, an exhibition, talks, an installation focused on Mi’gmaq traditions and children’s programming.
Take advantage of Indian summer in the heart of the Chaleur Bay area to attend the intergenerational Festival La Virée Trad! Young and old alike will enjoy this festival featuring over 30 traditional cultural activities.
The 20th edition of the festival will take place from October 8 to 10, 2021!
Date(s)October 8 to 10, 2021
Cost$5 to $35, depending on the show; about a dozen activities are free. Various packages are also available.
- American Express
ReservationsRequired for some shows
- Childrens playground
- Picnic area
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Free parking
How to get there
Take Route 132 to the village of Carleton-sur-Mer.
Festival-goers can camp between sea and mountains at the municipal campground with services.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Festivals Trad Québec network (a network of traditional music festivals)
- Regional Network of Event Organizers (ROSEQ)
- Gaspésie Cultural Council
- Independent Network of United Performing Arts Presenters (RIDEAU)
- Québec Council for Living Heritage (CQPV)
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Nominated for the Arts Presenter of the Year prize at the Bourse RIDEAU (2016)
- Named Arts Presenter of the Year (via Maximum 90) from among the mid-sized arts presenters that are members of ROSEQ (2007)
- Regional winner of a Québec Tourism Award in the "Tourist Event – Operating Budget under $1 Million" category (2003)