“Gaspésie’s top fall event!” – Le Soleil newspaper
For those who wish to feel the pulse of Québécois, Gaspesian and Acadian cultures, Festival La Virée in Carleton-sur-Mer is the place to be! Enjoy this fun fall festival, between sea and mountains!
Since 2001, Festival La Virée in Carleton-sur-Mer has been showcasing Québec’s traditional arts through professional shows by traditional storytellers, musicians and dancers; the largest public market in the region, with over 60 local food producers and artisans; an outdoor stage; an evening of traditional dancing; an exhibit; demonstrations of traditional crafts under a festival tent; children’s programming; and workshops, which give festival-goers an opportunity to meet the artisans.
Take advantage of Indian summer in the heart of the Chaleur Bay region to attend the intergenerational Festival La Virée. Young and old alike will enjoy this festival featuring over 30 traditional cultural activities.
From October 11 to 13, 2019, this traditional music festival will welcome the following bands and artists: De Temps Antan, MAZ, Doolin’, Les Tireux d’Roches, David Goudreault, É.T.É, Musique à bouches, Henri Godon, Ghislain Jutras, Yaëlle Azoulay, Nadine Landry and Stephen "Sammy" Lind.
Date(s)October 9 to 11, 2020
CostFrom $5 to $35, depending on the show; about a dozen activities are free. Various packages are also available.
- American Express
ReservationsRequired for some shows
- Childrens playground
- Picnic area
- Restaurant or snack bar
- Free parking
How to get there
Take Route 132 to the village of Carleton-sur-Mer.
Festival-goers can camp between sea and mountains at the municipal campground with services.
Affiliations and distinctions
- Festivals Trad Québec network (a network of traditional music festivals)
- Regional Network of Event Organizers (ROSEQ)
- Gaspésie Cultural Council
- Independent Network of United Performing Arts Presenters (RIDEAU)
- Québec Council for Living Heritage (CQPV)
- Tourisme Gaspésie
- Nominated for the Arts Presenter of the Year prize at the Bourse RIDEAU (2016)
- Named Arts Presenter of the Year (via Maximum 90) from among the mid-sized arts presenters that are members of ROSEQ (2007)
- Regional winner of a Québec Tourism Award in the "Tourist Event – Operating Budget under $1 Million" category (2003)